By the grace of God, the launch of the Association of Childless Couples of Ghana(ACCOG) came off as scheduled on Monday August 20, 2012 at the Trade Fair Centre, Accra.
The following were the highlights of the programme:
- Rev. Isaac K. Asante-Agyei of Baptist Convention who is the author of “Ministering to Childless Couples” spoke on “God’s Healing power”.
- Mr. Benjamin Akonu Otoo, Greater Accra Regional Director spoke on “Adoption Procedures” on behalf of the Director for Department of Social Welfare, Mr. S. T. Adongo, using The Children’s Act, 1998 (Act 560) to support his presentation.
- Dr. James Boachie, a Specialist Obstetrician Gynecologist touched on “Causes of Childlessness” and Assisted Reproductive Technologies(IVF, Artificial Insemination etc.) and also provided the way out as to how couples can have children.
- Rev. Osei Yaw Danquah, who represented the Chairman of Christ Apostolic Church, Apostle S. K. Amoani and Pastor Samuel Otu Appiah who was also there on behalf of Apostle Dr. Opoku Onyinah, President of the Ghana Pentecostal Council(GPC) and Chairman of The Church of Pentecost took turns to chair the occasion. They assured the group of the support of the church.
- The keynote address was delivered by Ms. Mariama Yayah, the Acting Director of Department of Children under the Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs(MOWAC) on behalf of the Minister for Women and Children’s Affairs, Hon. Mrs. Juliana Azumah-Mensah. She also congratulated the founding members of ACCOG and assured them of the total support of the Ministry of Women and Children’s Affairs. She said MOWAC would collaborate with ACCOG. She performed the launch.
- A founding member of ACCOG, Nana Yaw Osei, read the history behind the establishment of ACCOG and also explained the objectives.
- Elder Seth Yaw Peasah of Ho Bethel Prayer Centre of The Church of Pentecost led the group in prayers and also raised some funds to support the activities of the group.